POD HD 500 does not automatically assign the toe switch for volume/wah. Here is how to set it up.
- Start on a patch with two open fx slots
- Put a volume pedal in one slot
- Put a wah pedal in another slot
- Hold ENTER until POD goes into FS ASSIGN mode
- With wah selected, press the toe switch (should now show EXP TOE SWITCH in the display
- With volume selected, turn knob 1 until display shows NONE to make volume pedal stay on all the time (there’s no reason to turn it off really)
- Press VIEW to exist FS ASSIGN mode
That’s all there is to getting your POD HD set up to toe switch between volume and wah.