Three things are on the mind of most new X3 owners:
- How do I switch between amp 1 and amp 2?
- The silent gap when I switch patches is killing me!
- Where are my spillover delay and reverb?
We can kill all of these birds with one stone. The key is using the volume pedal. If you have an X3L (X3 Live) you are set with everything you need. X3 (bean) owners will need the FBV Shortboard or some other footcontroller solution. I’ve listed some below that should work with your X3. Here is how to switch between amp 1 and amp 2 while eliminating the silence during a patch switch:
- Set up amp 1 and amp 2 however you like (clean/dirty, rhythm/solo, etc.)
- On the amp 1 Home page, navigate to the Vol block and double click it to edit
- Set the Min to 0% and the Max to 100%
- Switch to amp 2 (this should leave you on the Volume Pedal edit page and you should see a 2 in the upper right corner of the screen where there was previously a 1)
- Set the Min to 100% and the Max to 0%
That is all there is to it. You are now set with full toe up as amp 2 and full toe down as amp 1. You can of course reverse these so it is the other way around, whichever makes more sense to you.
Now you have:
- switching between amps
- no silence of any length between patch changes
- spillover of any time based effects that are after the volume pedal in the signal chain
Line 6 POD X3 price check
Line 6 POD X3 LIVE price check
FBV Express price check
This guy doesn’t give a lot of control but it does allow basic patch switching and gives you a pedal to work with.
FBV Shortboard price check
This pedal gives you a lot of control over your X3 bean.