Here are the Gearbox compatible preset files for the extra factory presets in POD X3. The zip file should extract to a number of folders, each matching the name of a preset folder of POD X3. The introduction of Gearbox software for POD X3 is a great help to the home recording studio. Adding Gearbox Plugin to your POD X3 gives you the full capability of the Gold Bundle with all the guitar, bass and vocal amp models.
You can also look here for more factory bass sounds for your POD X3
A note on Gearbox
As of Gearbox version 3.60, there is a bug which prevents dual tones from showing up in the tone locker. There are two workarounds to load these presets:
- Workaround 1: From the File menu, choose Dual Tones and then click Open where you can browse for the preset.
- Workaround 2: Click directly on the patch name (the yellow box at the top) and you will get a dropdown list of all the POD patches on your machine. The blends and pairs will properly show on this list.
Lists of the presets contained can be found in these places (all presets are included in this download):
- Acoustic guitar and vocal preset lists
- Blends and pairs dual tone preset lists
- Songs and bass guitar preset lists
- Effects heavy preset lists
- Low gain and high gain electric guitar preset lists
Note: Somewhere around version 1.01 there was a bug introduced where some of the presets using Line 6 Insane are now incorrectly using Line 6 JTS-45 as the amp model. You will find a few of these broken patches in this collection. The patches downloadable here are exactly what you find in POD X3 1.12, warts and all.
|Line 6 POD X3 Live
|Line 6 POD X3
The great folks over at Vettaville.nl have decided to mirror this file. If you can’t get it here, get it there. The Vettaville.nl site is also a highly recommended source for news related to all things Line 6.